The daily workout videos are actually really fun to watch — then again, I can’t really gain any insights only watching highlights. I’m still going to try to.
Video #4 has some nice touchy feely slow-motion video of a dusk workout, but the full-pad scrimmage is what I’m really interested in. Quick highlights (set to some shitty rock music):
- Matt Forte makes a nice one-handed run & catch for big yardage
- Kyle Orton connects with Greg Olsen who dodges a tackler and is off to the races
- Rex Grossman goes deep to Mike Hass
- Nathan Vasher breaks up a Orton-Rashied Davis pass
- Grossman from shotgun connects a short cut to Kellen Davis
- Grossman throws deep in-stride to Mark Bradley (he’s still there?)
- Orton, moving very well in the pocket, throws on the run to Desmond Clark for a TD
Chicago Bears blogger Larry Mayer also commented that SEC WR product Earl Bennet is looking great in practice and could wind up being a great draft deal. Though he seems about a half-foot shorter than Marques Colston, it’d be nice to see that sort of pleasent suprise in wideout corp this year:
Given the way Bennett has performed so far in training camp, he could eventually be one of the biggest steals in the draft. Think about the level of competition in the SEC and it’s even more impressive that he left Vanderbilt as the conference’s all-time leading receiver with 236 catches, a feat he accomplished in just three seasons!
Oh yeah. Also. Hester Hester Hester Hester Hester Hester, Hester? Hester Hester . I’m happy Angelo locked him up, now let’s focus on other weapons so we don’t have to depend on him for EVERY score.